Children are an important part of the Grace Valley family. We are intentional about teaching and nurturing our children in a biblical, caring and safe environment. Children of all ages are always welcome in our worship service, but we also provide a nursery during the entire worship service and a Grace Kids program that leaves during the second half of the service with trained volunteers. The Grace Kids ministry is for children up to grade 5.
Our trained volunteers take their role with your children seriously. Their goal is to form a deep biblical and Christ-centred understanding of the world from a young age. The program is engaging, fun, varied, and gospel-centred.
What to Expect
- Upon arrival, a volunteer is ready to sign your children in for Grace Kids. Contact information as well as any crucial information is required (allergies, medications, special needs, etc.) The sign in for nursery is in the room where care is provided.
- Children aged 0-36 months are welcome in our nursery from the beginning of the service. There are 2-3 trained adult volunteers as well as one trained youth helper.
- Children aged 3-grade 5 stay with you for the first half of the service. They leave with the volunteers to their classroom just before the Bible reading and sermon.
- All children aged 3-grade 2 gather together in a large group and are introduced to the Bible story and theme for the lesson. Next, the children split up into two groups: 3-SK year-olds and grades 1&2. In these smaller groups, a leader guides the children through age-appropriate discussions, games, crafts and activities to deepen each child’s understanding of the Bible story and a gospel-centred worldview.
- Grades 3-5 aged children go to a room that meets behind the gymnasium where we worship. They too are signed in at the beginning of the service in the same area as the younger kids (entrance to the children’s wing) but after the offering, they will go with their teacher to their classroom where their teacher will lead them in activities designed to increase Biblical literacy and understanding. They can be picked up after the service in their classroom.
*We take the safety of your children seriously so all our volunteers in Grace Kids and nursery have a vulnerable sectors police check from within the last 3 years. They have also undergone an application process and training processes provided by Plan to Protect (www.plantoprotect.com)
If you have any other questions, you can contact our Grace Kids coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.